Mise en place
- Upload S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip to sdcard
- Start Odin & Restart device into "download mode"
- Upload recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-serranoltexx.tar.md5 with Odin and be prepare for the next step
- Start device into recovery mode (by holding hold volume up and home buttons) after phone restarts and vibrates
- Install S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip from SDCard and reboot device => you done!
- Odin_v3.09.zip (alternative download)
- recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-serranoltexx.tar.zip (alternative download)
- S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip (contains SuperSU v1.65 and BusyBox v1.21.1) (alternative download)
- Upload S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip to sdcard. For example with adb by invoking a command like:
adb push S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip /sdcard/Downloads
or with scp invoking like
- Restart Phone & Press and hold home, volume down and power => Download screen should appear.
- Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
- Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
- Select "recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
- After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
- Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
- After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.
- Original Tutorial by Recognized Developer-OP